Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Perks of an Entrepreneur

Aside from hard work there are a couple of fun perks, I enjoy as an entreprenuer. In my opinion ... work hard, play hard is a great philosophy.

1. Have laptop? ... you can work anywhere. This is especially great if you are staying in the country, but if you leave ... you may have to check out time zones and have the added bonus of doing all of your work before everyone gets up. Quick tip: if you are taking say your iPhone only - check data roaming fee's ... I personally had a pretty ugly bill after my trip to Mexico and I was only online my last day of the trip (I believe in shutting down on "real" vacations, and this is something you can do when you have back up).

2. Pajama time. When you are not out and about networking (and you need to get out and shake hands), you do get some extra pajama time in ... which I especially like when it is pouring rain outside. Not a winter person ... can you tell?

3. Flexibility. If I tell you this is a 9 - 5 job, I would be a big fat liar. You do have flexibilty though, say when you have day care issue or you want to take a Friday off to go skiiing with your Dad. This is not to say you do not make up the time afterward, but if something comes up you have the flexibility to attend or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment