Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Are you bringing your laptop with you?

I was asked the other day if I was bringing my laptop with me when I go on vacation next week. The answer? No way. I plan on bringing sunscreen, a bathing suit and camera. That is about it. I learned a long time ago back in corporate that I am not good about the "stay-a-cations". I also learned I was even worse when I owned my own company. I tried to take time of between Christmas and New Years; but the bottom line is that I was always on my email ... and working. Now, there are some people that never shut and pride themselves on the fact they haven't had a vacation in 10 years, but not me. I think it is good to give your mind a one-week reprieve and I think the author of Achieving the Balance Dream (that would be Bo Bradley) would tend to agree with me. With that being said ... Bon Voyage and happy vacationing.

No comments:

Post a Comment