Monday, June 22, 2009

Watch out for Crazy!

It's true. There are crazy people everywhere. They come in the form of friends, clients, and everyday people who otherwise act completely normal until their crazy alter ego shows up. The following are examples of nutso behavior. You would think this would be quite obvious to most. 1. Do not reply ranting and raving to a newsletter that you signed up for. You can unsubscribe with just one click - really simple. Much better than being embarrassed later at networking events where you will most likely see the person you were ragging on. 2. Do not offer unsolicited advice in someones area of expertise. I actually was given book marketing advice the other week. Thank goodness I am learning how to keep a straight face. No eye rolling either. Being that the producers at Oprah, Today Show, Good Morning America, etc. (the list goes on and on) will talk to me ... I don't think I need any help in this arena. 3. Do not demand a lower bill rate after you are already been given a discounted rate and proceed to tell said agency they are not billing enough and offer to help them with this problem. Not good and also does not make any sense whatsoever. 4. Do not hire a marketing company to set up your business and expect them to do networking and business development for you. Last time I checked, M Communications does not have a sales staff for hire. Have a great crazy story? I would love to hear from you. Send me an email at: michele@mcommunicationsinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment