Sunday, January 23, 2011

"When you assume you make an ass out of you and me." ~Oscar Wilde

Communication is a key component when it comes to running a business. I have fallen into the trap at times of assuming I knew what was going on with a particular client or work situation and when I find out I was completely off base ... whoopsie. Never assume. Pick up the phone and contact the client/colleague and find out the back situation. Phone is always better too (and I am first to admit to falling in the easy email trap). Electronic communication unfortunately is open to all different kinds of interpretation and you don't want to come off as snarly or even borderline passive aggressive say, for example if an order was delivered/received late. Happy Sunday and more importantly, go Packers!

No comments:

Post a Comment